From January 13 till February 21, 2014 the Office of International Affairs at the University of Stuttgart will host the 5th edition of the stuttgart design workshop for Architecture students from Australian partner universities in collaboration with the Institute for Building Technology and Design.
- Program brochure: sdw 2014
The main focus of this workshop is the development of innovative and integrative architectural
and technical concepts. Emphasis will be given to sustainable construction and to the intelligent
application of renewable energy in architecture. Lectures related to the workshop topic and
excursions to interesting architectural sights will accompany the workshop program.
Key information sdw 2014:
- The workshop will take place from January 13 - February 21, 2014.
- The application extended deadline will be on November 01, 2013.
- The program fee for the workshop will be 1.150,- EUR and will cover costs for accommodation (student housing), excursions, study materials and unlimited public transportation for the Greater Stuttgart Region and program administrative costs (no tuition fee).
- Applicants need to have studied at least 3 years of Architecture by the time the workshop begins.
- Application documents:
- Cover letter / Letter of motivation
- Letter of approval of participation from home institution (department / faculty)
- Curriculum vitae (including photo)
- Official academic transcript from home institution
- Portfolio with work samples (eight to ten A4 clear and legible copies of a range of recent design work, including drawings, images and photos of built models)
Applicants should submit their applications as a pdf-file (one file per student) on a data
storage device (CD or USB) at the International Office of their home institution (extended deadline
November 01, 2013). The International Office should put together a data storage device (CD or USB)
including all applications and send it by mail (express mail preferred) to:
Ms. Katja Schuster
University of Stuttgart
Pfaffenwaldring 60 (IZ)
The workshop is part of a collaboration between the University of Stuttgart and its Australian partner universities. The credits for the workshop may be applied to home university studies. A maximum of 15 ECTS is possible.
The number of participants is limited (15 participants). Participants will be chosen by selection process should there be more applications received. The selected students will be notified in the 1st week of November.
stuttgart design workshop 2009 - 2012:
- Project description:
(Please note that there will be a new project each year)
(Please note that the schedule varies each year)