Intensive German course
This intensive German course lasts six weeks and is designed specifically for the needs of visiting program students, students in our international Master's programs and some of our Double-Master's Programs. The course is taught by the staff of the Department of Intercultural Training of the University of Stuttgart.
Students are expected to have some proficiency in German corresponding to A2 or at least 400 hours or one year of university coursework in German. Students in our international Master's programs, ERASMUS Mundus and Double-Master's programs will be offered a beginner's course.The course takes place Monday to Friday from 8.00 a.m. to 1.15 p.m. or from 1.30 p.m. to 6.45 p.m. It continues during the lecture period when participants meet once a week. The course also includes an orientation program and intercultural training.
There is a course fee of EUR 180 (not applicable for students seeking a degree within our international Master's programs and Double-Master's programs).
Please note that this intensive German course is compulsory for program students from overseas who receive a scholarship from the University of Stuttgart.
The objectives of this intensive course are:
- to achieve proficiency in German at an advanced level corresponding to "Mittelstufe"
- improve listening comprehension and active use of German as a scientific language, particularly in respect to the specific subject of the participant
- to acquire the learning techniques and communicative competence needed to study successfully at a German university
Requirements for participation:
- Students must be participants of the ERASMUS program, visiting program students from one of our partner institutions overseas or participants of one of our international MSc programs, ERASMUS Mundus and Double-Master's programs.
- Minimum language requirement is A2 or 400 hours of German language training (not applicable for students seeking a degree within our international MSc programs, ERASMUS Mundus and Double-Master's programs).
- Application at the University of Stuttgart as an ERASMUS or visiting program student for at least one semester.
Course duration dates:
- Summer semester 2013:
Mon, March 4 to Fri, April 5, 2013
date of arrival (compulsory): Monday, March 4, 2013
course fee EUR 180
- Winter semester 2013/14:
Mon, Sept. 2 to Fri, Oct. 11, 2013
date of arrival (compulsory): Monday, Sept. 2, 2013
course fee EUR 180
Please note: You have to complete some important formalities for the intensive German course upon arrival. Therefore, you are required to arrive by the date of arrival mentioned above. Otherwise, you cannot participate in the intensive German course.
Deadline and registration:
The deadline for registration is April 1st (Overseas) / June 1st (Erasmus) for the course in the fall and December 1st for the course in the spring. Application forms are available at the Office of International Affairs of the University of Stuttgart.
Fax: +49-(0)711-685-686 00
Students seeking a degree within our international Master's programs must apply at the course director of their Master's program. For students studying within the Master's Program IUSD a special DAAD-financed language course will be offered and organised by the programm. Further information will be given by the IUSD program.