In case you need accommodation for a few days because you either have to find housing or you are unable to move into your new place of residence immediately, we have gathered the following suggestions for you:
Holiday Room in Student Accommodation
In some residences with luck you can sublease a room from the original renter because, for example, the renter is either on vacation or out of town doing an internship. This type of room rental can be arranged through offices located in the residences, the so-called Wohnungsreferate.
You can find additional information at http://www.studentenwerk-stuttgart.de/wohnen/kurzzeitvermietung or at www.studentenwerk-stuttgart.de/en/additional-hostels-for-short-term-rent.
International Student Hotel
The domicile operated by the Studentenwerk Stuttgart is centrally located in downtown Stuttgart. Here they offer you hotel comfort for an extremely low price (prices start at 25,50 EUR with breakfast included). This is a very popular accommodation so you should book your room well ahead of time.
Internationales Studentenhotel Stuttgart
Telephone: +49-(0)711-41 43 00
- You can reach the hotel as follows:
From the Hauptbahnhof take the U9 in the direction of Hedelfingen or the U14 in the direction of Neckargröningen/Remseck and get off at the Stöckach stop. Walk 100 meters in the same direction of the U-Bahn’s travel
Stuttgart has two youth hostels that belong to the International Youth Hostel Association Hostelling International (HI). HI membership is required; you can even acquire membership directly at the youth hostel (yearly fee for persons up to 26 years old is 12,50 EUR and 21 EUR, for persons 27 and up). The room placement as a rule takes place in a shared room. Renting a bed at either hostel for the first night for persons 26 and under costs 25,60 EUR and 30,10 EUR for persons 27 and up, and every additional night after the first night costs 22,30 EUR for those 26 and under and 26,80 EUR for those 27 and up. All bedding inclusive.
Booking takes place at the respective homepage of either youth hostel or at http://www.hihostels.com
Jugendherberge Stuttgart International
Telephone: +49-(0)711-66 47 47-0
- Youth hostel with a beautiful view (downtown)
- Travelling directions: http://stuttgart.jugendherberge-bw.de/anreise-s.html
Jugendherberge Stuttgart Neckarpark
Telephone: +49-(0)711-66 47 47-0
- Youth hostel in the Bad Cannstatt district (5 Minute S-Bahn trip from the Hauptbahnhof)
- Travelling directions: http://stuttgart-neckarpark.jugendherberge-bw.de/anreise-s0.html
Youth Guest Houses:
The Jugendsozialwerk Youth Foundation runs the following youth guest house:
- Prices from 19,00 EUR breakfast included (single or double bedroom accommodations). You can reach the IB-Jugendgästehaus from the Hauptbahnhof with the U15 (Direction of Ruhbank). It is on the right hand side from the stop „Bubenbad“
The Stuttgart Kolpinghäuser incorporated offers accommodations in 2 houses:
- Price: 27,90 EUR for the first 3 nights and from the third night on 25,70 EUR. Breakfast is not included. Also long term rental is possible. Both houses are easily accessible through public transportation.
Alex 30 Hostel
Telephone: +49-(0)711-83 88 95 0
- Central location in downtown. Prices from 24,00 EUR (shared room) or rather from 36,00 EUR (single room). All bedding inclusive. Breakfast not included (bookable for 8,00 EUR)
- Travelling directions: www.alex30-hostel.de/anreise/
- Central location in downtown. Price from 23,00 EUR (shared room) or rather from 40,00 EUR (single room). All bedding inclusive. Breakfast not included (bookable for 7,00 EUR)
- Travelling directions: www.inter-hostel.com/de/anfahrt.html
Temporary Accommodation in Private Houses
In the internet you can find bed and breakfast offers or holiday apartments e.g. by visiting these web pages: