The weekly course program consists of lessons, work shops, tutorials, free time activities and excoursions.
|German Language Instruction|
The German classes consist of 25 hours per week of grammar, vocabulary work, basic technical terms, presentation skills, cultural studies and conversation. The level of classes will be A2, B1-B2, C1 are orientated to the European Reference of Languages.
We do not offer A1-level classes.
The classification to personal levels will take place after the Placement test.
From level B1, topics of German geography and society, history and culture will be discussed.
From level B2, participants will be instructed to techniques of presentation, diagramm description, argumentation and statements.
Participants of C1 have the possibility to practice techniques for the TestDaF exam.
They take place two times a week, on tuesdays and thursdays. You can choose between different offers: theatre, dance, sports etc.
Weekly conversation tutorials offer another opportunity to discuss interesting topics and deepen your German language knowledge. You can speak German in a relaxed atmosphere and easily improve your language skills.
|Activities and Excoursions|
During the afternoons and evenings we offer lots of activities in and around Stuttgart: guided city tours, museum-, theater- and cinema visits, excoursions and hiking tours.
Baden-Württemberg and Stuttgart both have many cultural sites worth visiting. Discover some of the most beautiful spots in Southern Germany on our group excursions.
The leaflet that you will receive upon arrival contains a detailed description of all trips.
Participating on the excoursions is voluntary.
Cost for activities and excoursions are included in the course fees. You only have to pay about 10,- Euro for lunch.
|Language Course Levels|
Your personal performance at the placement test is concerned for the classification in different language course levels.
When you sign up for classes, please remember that we do not offer any entry-level courses.
- assembling and extending of grammar and thesaurus
- understanding easy texts and conversations of everyday life
- topics are: living and working in Germany, free time and traveling, daily routine problems
B1 - B2:
- Enhancement of grammar and thesaurus
- understanding longer texts with statements, interviews, processes, etc
- recognising main information and argumentation
- vocabulary about opinion and advice
- topics concerning science, technology and economy, as well as recent topics
- teaching of grammar in intermediate and advanced levels
- learning and understanding collocations and extensive sentences
- understanding complex texts
- use of adequate lingual items
- topics of science, technology and culture with higher complexity
In the university building Böblinger Straße you have access to a computer lab with internet availability. You can use it during the breaks and after the lessons, from 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM
At the check- in you will receive a code number for your account. Also you can use one of the many commercial internet shops of Stuttgart or on the campus.